Thursday, June 21, 2007

What a distressing afternoon i've just had!

Just literally got in from seeing my uncle for the last time at the funeral home. Eventhough i've seen him deteriorate over the last few months, it was still a shock to see him lying there. He looks so small and frail. My uncle was never a big guy, but he looked tiny. I had gone to see him today, along with my auntie, and two cousins (his wife and two kids). I went in first, as they unloaded their cars with floral tributes. I want to give them time alone so i thought i'd say bye first. My auntie hasnt seen him since Sunday, and as soon as she went in the room after me, she started to hysterically cry. I didnt find that too unusual (though it was heartbreaking to hear), as it was the last time she was seeing her husband of 35+ years. However, 5 mins later she ran out crying. As i hugged her, she told me that he was bruised on the face and that she had not left him like that. i was shocked to hear that, as i had noticed the bruises but thought it was normal. The funeral home have now launched an investigation into the matter, which is devastating. Certainly not looking forward to tomorrow.

I know that this has nothing to do with crafting, but i had to write and jot these feelings down. I feel devastated for my poor auntie, as she now has this to bear too.

On the crafting front, i received some gorgeous goodies from HeidiHiCrafts, which costs just over a fiver, but are very lush! Still waiting on my SEI scrap in a box kit from QVC.

No comments: