Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Meeting the sister in law today for the first time!!


Well after a long bumpy road with my brothers relationships, he has finally found the girl he wants to marry. He has always wanted to settle down, but was quite unfortunate with the girls he used to date. He is 27 this year and had always hoped that he would have settled by now. He met this new girl in Cyprus. We've known her parents for years, as they are family friends of my parents, but for some reason, we never met their daughters. The eldest, Suzy, is 28 (my age-ish) and we get along really well, but the girl that my brother is gonna get engaged to is 17. There is a 10 year gap between her and my brother, which at first was a little worrying. However, i'm told that they get on really well and have the same outlook on life, so i wish them every happiness. I'm a little nervous about meeting her but also really looking forward to it. Hope it all goes well. I've told my mum in law to come round this afternoon for tea too, so she can occupy the kids, whilst me and Suzy discuss the engagement ring (she was gonna get the ring size for me as well as find out what diamond cut Kristal (my soon to be sis in law LOL that sounds funny!!!) prefers. Those of you who read my blog will know that i've been put on 'Operation Engagement Ring' from my brother, as he is trying to seek out the 'perfect' ring!!

On a papercrafting note, i received a gorgeous kit from Scrummy Stash Cafe yesterday. I'm really into these kits at the moment, and i couldnt resist when i saw that they were reduced from £25 to £18.74. I went for the Phoebe Deluxe kit, and its absolutely gorgeous!! Loads of embellies and paper and bazzill. Take a look-isnt it lush!!!

I also have to make 20 thank you cards for my aunty. She called me yesterday to ask if i could make her a few to send to people to thank them for all their support throughout the last year or so, as my uncle battled against cancer. I cant believe its been 12 days since he passed away-we all really miss him!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hope the meet up goes well Gina and that kit is yum!

craftymummy said...

Ahhh thanks Jen. The meet up went really well, and the kit is scrummy-just gotta find time to do some scrapping now LOL