Friday, June 15, 2007

I need to do some crafting.....i'm going crazy!!!




Papercrafting has become a huge part of my life since i discovered it 2 years ago. It went from a hobby to an obsession. How I thank God for helping me to find this fantastic hobby, as its become my saviour in many ways. Apart from creating handmade gifts/cards for people, papercrafting has helped keep me sane, and in times of stress, i find it the perfect way to unwind.

Also after a hectic few weeks, i'm finally able to take some time out to do some blogging. Eventhough i've only been blogging for a few weeks, i've missed it immensely. As a stay at home mum, i obviously spend loads of time with my little girl. As much as i love her to bits, i do crave some 'me' time and an outlet for my thoughts and emotions on not only papercrafting but life, so this too has helped keep me sane. So in a nut shell, papercrafting (and now blogging) is my saviour.....and i plan to do some this weekend.

My poor uncle is still suffering. I went the other night to see them at the hospice, and its heartbreaking. A month ago today, we were all told that he had just days to live. He's hanged on for much longer than we thought, which is obviously comforting to us, but for him, he is really suffering. I cant even really begin to imagine how my auntie is coping. To see her husband of 35 years, go from a fun loving, active, well loved man, to a bed ridden, stricken with pain, shell of his former self is agonising. Shes been at his bedside 24/7, and in recent days, she has been scared to even have a quick shower, as she wants to spend every last moment with him. We, the family, are trying to ensure they have someone with them all day, as when the horrible time comes, shes gonna need all the love and support she can get. They were such a great, fun-loving couple, so this obviously makes it much harder.

I got my first official scrapagogo kit yesterday, and its gorgeous!! Got a few layouts planned for my husband with this kit. hopefully i'll be able to do a layout over the weekend. fingers crossed!

I promised earlier this week that i would post some photos of the engagement gifts i got for my brother and his girlfriend. got them both pendants with their names on. on my brothers i got his girlfriends name Kristal engraved, and on hers, i got his name engraved. I hope they like them.

So thats pretty much it for now.......gonna go and take the little one out for a bit, but hope to blog more later. fingers crossed, i'd be able to do some crafting too

No comments: