Thursday, June 28, 2007

Looking for the perfect DSLR






Well i've been putting it off in my mind, but i can put it off no longer. I cant deny it anymore, i'm turning 30 in October-argghhhhh!!! How can i be turning 30??? (in my mind i'd still 12 LOL) Oh well, in order to mark this milestone and to make the transition a little more easier, i have decided to treat myself to a Digital Single Lens Reflex camera. I've always wanted one, and actually got one many years ago, when i was young, free and single. However i didnt have much to photograph at the time, so it spent most of its time in its case. I did take some nice quality photos with it though, so i think its a perfect time and opportunity to get another one. I'm currently looking at the Canon EOS range, in particular the 350D and the more recent 400D, however, i'm also liking the Olympus E-400 and the Nikon D40X. decisions, decisions LOL!!

I also met my future sister in law (if all works out God willing). Shes a lovely girl, and my brother has done very well. Eventhough she is only 17, and he is turning 27 in the next few months, they seem very compatible, so i'm really hoping the age gap wont be too much of a problem. I'm actually really looking forward to us all becoming family, as we all had such a great laugh yesterday. I really get on with the eldest sister, and she has a little boy whose around my little girls age so fingers crossed it all works out well. The engagement ring saga continues. I discovered that Kristal (future sis in law), likes princess cut rings, and my brother told me to concentrate more on round cut. So much so i printed off a whole load of them for him to mull over. I did tell him she may prefer the princess cut, but would he listen.........no!! Oh well, not to worry, gives me more opportunity to drool over more rings LOL

Finally, made a start on some of my aunties thank you cards, so did manage to get some crafting done. will try to take and upload a few piccies later.....in the meantime i'll leave a few piccies of the DSLR cameras i'm researching, and a piccy of my brother and Kristal (i think they look cute together bless!!)

4 comments:

Classroomfree said...

Well, I'm turning 32 this year. 32!!! Grrr, I've only just got used to the idea that I'm 31 *shock*

Jules x
www.perkypigs.com

Samm said...

We bought a Nikon D40 yesterday as it was in such a good package. The D40x has just won alot of awards being the best entry level DSLR, just thought I'd let you know!

Samm
x

Samm said...

I see you live probably in the UK due to the ScrummyStash kit you bought. The deal I got was in Jessops, they're online too. You can get £60 back from Nikon if you buy a D40x in a kit at the moment.

craftymummy said...

Thanks for the advice girls, looks like the Nikon is a popular choice. I think i've narrowed it down now to the Nikon D40X and the Canon EOS 400D. just got the current issue of What Digital SLR? which features both these DSLR, as well as the Olympus E-400 and a couple of others i like too. I also think i'm gonna get mine from Jessops too. they are very helpful in there and thankfully both the Nikon D40 and D40X, and the Canon EOS 400D have the cashback offer til the end of August so i still have a little time left to decide.