Saturday, May 26, 2007

On tenterhooks!!


For the past week or so, every time the phone rings, my heart misses a beat!!! This morning we received a phone call from my cousin to say that my uncle was very ill last nite, and has requested no visitors today. He is going to be put on a drip morphine later which apparently is not a good sign. My cousin told me yesterday that she fears that he will pass on soon, as he has seen everyone that he wanted to. My mum and I are on tenterhooks constantly now. The photo above is of my uncle and my mum, taken in December of last year before my mum emmigrated. He looked ill then, but is now understandably much worse. At least he is smiling in this photo. He always has a smile on his face, just like my aunty-thats what makes this more hard for us!! Unfortunatly there are very few people in this world who can have a smile on their faces in times of trouble, so to lose such people is very hard!!

On the papercraft side of life, i have started making a whole batch of cards to take to my uncles hospice for them to sell on. they are a charity that rely on donations and fund raising, so i feel that its the least i can do. i'll try to upload some photos later. Hoping to receive my first scrapagogo kit early next week too. i finally managed to secure a May kit. I normally get excited by the prospect of receiving stash, but more so now, under the current circumstances. The scrapagogo boxes are bright yellow, so to me, it'll be like a little ray of sunshine!!

No comments: