Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm so excited!!


I'm currently going thru a rollercoaster of emotions at the moment. My thoughts are constantly with my uncle and his family (he's in advanced stages of cancer and has been moved to a hospice for constant monitoring). As a result, I've been feeling very depressed about it all. I wish i could do more to help, and visit more, but as a mother to an adoreable little 3 yr old, my hours are busy with her. My mum in law (whos really my only baby sitter when needed), can only take her for a couple of hrs at a time. To get to the hospice, it takes about an hour or so travelling there and back (on a good day), it leaves me with no time at all to see them all and offer comfort to my aunty and cousins freely. In all this upheaval, we are all thankful for the small rays of sunshine. In times of trouble family pull together to be there for one another. My uncle and his family are well loved and people from far and wide are visiting them to show their love and support. One of these people is my mum, who recently emmigrated to Cyprus. my mum and I are close, and there was not a day that would go by that i would not see or speak to her. the move to Cyprus has been difficult for me, as i tried to adjust to this upheaval. it has been hard, but i'm thankful that my parents and brother are happy in their new lives. The reason for my excitement, is that i'm going to pick up my mum in a few hours. She and her sisters arrived very early in the morning, so my mum has gone to my aunty's house for a sleep and a short rest before i go to collect her and go to the hospice. My DD is very excited too, and as i type, she is making a card to give to her nan-looks likes there's another 'paper addict' in the family hahahaha!!

Hope you all have a good day, and sorry for the rant!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi Gina, I know the cicumstances are not great but have a great time with your mum. Sorry you're having such a tough time at the mo.